- The minimum age limit to apply for a Heavy Truck driving license is 20
- Individual should be an Emirati or should have a valid residence visa.
- An eye test from an eye testing centre approved and licensed by RTA and Dubai Health Authority.
- GMDC provides an in-house eye-test facility approved by RTA and Dubai Health Authority.
- Medical fitness examination from any medical center approved by RTA and Dubai Health Authority.
Heavy Truck Driving License
Our Heavy Truck driving license course caters to students planning to qualify for a license to drive commercial heavy trucks. You will need to pass the RTA driving test to get your Dubai Driving License Category 4. According to the RTA criterion for a Heavy Truck is a weight of more than 2.5 tons.
At GMDC, we can help you learn how to efficiently drive a Heavy Truck to transport commercial goods to their destination safely and on time. As part of this course, you will master driving a Heavy Truck under different weather conditions, how to manage loads, how to reduce running costs and accidents.
All our carefully chosen instructors have been specially tutored to motivate and guide you to learn how to stay alert, expertly navigate the roads and maintain precise control regardless of the driving conditions. You will learn how to develop the right attitude and be patient with other drivers and anticipate what could happen around you.
Our driving instructors are not only devoted to observing and maintaining safety at all times, they are exceptionally trained with years of driving experience. All our instructors are professional tutors with the requisite teaching license endorsed by the RTA. To enhance their skills, they frequently undergo training and briefings on the latest safety procedures and driving technology. By regularly liaising with RTA traffic officials, they also keep themselves updated on new road and highway routes and additional safety measures.
SALIENT FEATURES OF THE TRAINING AT GMDC
- Advanced road safety with emphasis on traffic regulations understanding and practical advice.
- Defensive driving techniques to improve awareness to deter & mitigate road safety risks.
- Training instruction methodology devised according to the changing roads infrastructure environment of Dubai.
- Multilingual training instructors from various part of the world to cater to a diverse customer base.
- Theory training simulations & rigorous pre assessment preparation to clear the RTA tests right the first time.
- A large fleet of Light motor vehicles to ensure students are trained with the most user friendly motor vehicles in town. Specialized training for “Physically impaired” customers by qualified instructors & technically designed vehicles.
- Refresher training instructors are also available for drivers who would like to improve their technical knowledge and confidence on the roads.
All our training schedules are designed to meet individual student requirements so you don’t need to compromise on important appointments and ensure your ease & convenience.
It is vital to ensure that you carry the requisite documents when you plan to apply for a Heavy vehicle driving license. These are:
- A copy of your valid Passport.
- A copy of your valid Dubai residence visa
- Original Emirates ID card and a copy of both front and back of the Emirates ID.
- 2 passport size photographs
- Copy of your Eye test report (Eye test can be done at GMDC or at any one of the registered optical centers)
- No Objection Letter (NOC) from Sponsor. If sponsor is an individual, the passport and visa copy of your sponsor is also required.
- Individuals holding any other category license would not be able to register, until they have cleared their fines, if any.
- As per RTA guidelines, any individual who has a visa mentioning his profession as a driver needs to undertake a commercial driver medical testing at an RTA approved medical center.
The list of the RTA approved medical centers is provided here below for your convenience:
|DHA-Medical Fitness Services||04-5023952|
|Canadian Specialist Hospital||04- 7072222|
|DM Healthcare LLC||04-4400500|
|Gulf Healthcare International||04-2233324|
|Iranian Hospital Dubai||04-4046755|
|Prime Healthcare Group LLC||04-2233324|
When registering online, your Emirates ID will be required to open a file. Kindly ensure you carry your Emirates ID to GMDC. You can also place a request to have it collected by contacting our call centre on +971 4 267 6166, E-mail: email@example.com
Once you have registered with us, you can choose from different training course options based on your schedule.
For our Regular Course:
One class for internal training 6 days in a week= one hour (6 classes).
One class for on road training 6 days in a week= one hour (6 classes).
The classes that run 6 days a week, the days are from Saturday – Thursday.
We realise that not every student can make it to our training classes during the week so we also offer classes only on Fridays. Our current schedule is 2 classes every Friday = 2 hours of training.
During the week our training classes are available from 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (there will be a break from 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.) then from 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
During the week our training classes are available from 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (there will be a break from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.) then from 3:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
During the week our training classes are available from 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (there will be a break from 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.) then from 3:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
During the week our training classes are available from 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (there will be a break from 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.) then from 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
As you begin your journey towards obtaining a UAE driver’s license, the prescribed RTA curriculum mandates every trainee to attend 8 compulsory theory classes. Theory classes are of vital importance to impart you with rules and knowledge required to drive on UAE roads.
We have kept our schedule as flexible as possible for your convenience and we are offering our theory classes even on Fridays at our Al Qusais and Al Quoz locations.
As we appreciate the linguistic diversity of Dubai, we are offering our theory lectures in various languages such as Arabic, English and Hindi/ Urdu to communicate effectively the rules and guidelines as prescribed by RTA.
The theory classes are divided in to 8 sessions as given below:
- Lecture 1: Attitude and Responsibilities of Driver
- Lecture 2: Knowledge on Traffic Rules & Regulation
- Lecture 3: Characteristics of Road Users
- Lecture 4: Driver Condition
- Lecture 5: The Environment
- Lecture 6: Driving on Freeways,Traffic Violations and Route Planning
- Lecture 7: Developing Forecasting of Hazards and Emergencies When Driving
- Lecture 8: Traffic Accidents Case Studies & What to do in an Accident
- Please carry your Registration card and RTA learners permit at all times while you are attending theory sessions.
- It is mandatory to bring your RTA training book while you are attending theory sessions.
- Please inform us in advance if you are unable to attend any session.
- Should you happen to miss any session, please inform the concerned staff, so to help us make the arrangements for another session.
Our fees for the Heavy Truck driving course are listed below.
|20||1 hour||AED 2,800.00||AED 4,400.00||Beginner|
After attending the mandatory lectures and passing the RTA theory test, you can proceed to the yard test and the final road test. If you are unable to clear any of these tests, you will be assigned 4 hours for training.
Please refer to the table below for the applicable charge.
|CHARGE TYPE||GMDC (AED)||5 %VAT (AED)||RTA (AED)||TOTAL (AED)|
|Opening a file (Learner’s Permit + Handbook)||380.00||19.00||470.00||869.00|
|Valid file transfer from another centre||330.00||16.50||346.50|
|Theory lecture class||100.00||5.00||105.00|
|Internal Yard test||70.00||3.50||220.00||293.50|
|Road test (all vehicle categories)||70.00||3.50||220.00||293.50|
|Issuing A New Driving License For One Year||120.00||120.00|
|Issuing A Driving License For More Than One Year||320.00||320.00|
|License service charges||100.00||5.00||105.00|
|Add A New Category To Driving License||220.00||220.00|
|Learning Permit renewal||40.00||2.00||220.00||262.00|
|File re-opening fees||120.00||6.00||420.00||546.00|
1. Additional 5% VAT is applicable at the time of payment.
2. RTA fees subject to change
For more information, please call us at : 04-2676166 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
To help us serve you better and to keep your training process as smoth as possible, we request you to kindly read the following:
- Please carefully read the RTA contract and ensure that you sign all the RTA contract pages as it is a mandate by RTA.
- While utmost care is taken by our customer service representatives to schedule your classes, we request you to carefully check the schedule before leaving the counter, should you observe any discrepancies; please report the same to the assisting officer immediately.
- As per the RTA guidelines, it is mandatory for the trainees to carry their learning permit and attendance card at all times while being getting trained. Our instructors are unable to provide the training if a trainee is not carrying any of these mentioned above.
- Training documentation at GMDC is strictly as per the RTA guidelines and is a very easy process to follow, please ensure that your attendance card is always signed and stamped while you attend any of our lecture classes or training classes. The card is to be signed both by you and signed and stamped by the instructor.
- Should you have arisen a need to stop the training classes for any unavoidable reasons or commitments, please inform us 72 hours in advance. In the absence of this information, trainee would be marked as absent and he/she will have to pay for these classes again; GMDC at any time would not be held liable for missing classes, should the above procedure is not being followed.
- Should you have stopped your training for more than 60 days from your last RTA test, it is a RTA mandate to take 8 extra classes before appearing or rebooking the next RTA test.
- Should you have experience an interruption or stopped your training for more than 2 years, you would have to re-appear for the Theory test and Internal Yard test before continuing with your remaining training classes.
- Should you be unable to appear for any RTA test for more than 6 months, please re-validate your Learning Permit as per the RTA guidelines, as the Learning permit is automatically closed by RTA after the expiration of 6 months, you would also have to re-appear for the Theory test and Internal Yard test before continuing with your remaining training classes.
- Should you have an interruption or stopped your training before the year 2012, trainee would have to follow the complete registration process and submit all the required documents again and also you would be considered as a beginner and will have to take 20 hours.
- Please count your cash before leaving the counter and obtain a receipt for your transaction. Neither Galadari Motor Driving Centre nor its employees will be held liable for any claims or shortages thereafter. Galadari Motor Driving Centre has the right to recover any amount paid in excess to the customer due to errors and oversights.
- Galadari Motor Driving Centre urges you to not to make any payments to any of its employees, instructors, supervisors or any staff members without the original payment receipt mentioning the full amount as paid by you. In the absence of a receipt, Galadari Motor Driving Centre will not be held liable for the money being paid to any of the above mentioned.
- Should you have arisen a need to cancel any scheduled RTA test for any unavoidable reasons or commitments, please inform us 72 hours in advance. In the absence of this information, as per the RTA guidelines trainee would be marked as absent and he/she will have to repay and rebook the test; GMDC at any time would not be held liable for the cancelled test, should the above procedure is not being followed.
- Should you have passed the final exam, please make the following documents available to us to help us issue the driver’s license:
- Final test passing form.
- Assessment Test passing form.
- Student attendance Card.
- The Original Emirates ID.