- The minimum age limit to apply for a Heavy Truck driving license is 20
- Individual should be an Emirati or should have a valid residence visa.
- An eye test from an eye testing centre approved and licensed by RTA and Dubai Health Authority.
- GMDC provides an in-house eye-test facility approved by RTA and Dubai Health Authority.
- Medical fitness examination from any medical center approved by RTA and Dubai Health Authority.
Heavy Truck Driving License
Welcome to Galadari Motor Driving Centre, your trusted partner for obtaining a Heavy Truck driving license in Dubai. Our Heavy Truck driving license course is specifically designed for students who want to become commercial heavy truck drivers. Our aim is to provide you with the necessary skills and knowledge to transport goods safely and efficiently, allowing you to achieve your goal of obtaining a Dubai Driving License Category 4.
At GMDC, we understand the importance of preparing you for the RTA driving test and that’s why we offer comprehensive training that covers all aspects of heavy truck driving. Our experienced instructors will teach you how to drive a Heavy Truck under different weather conditions, manage loads, reduce running costs, and avoid accidents. With their years of driving experience and professional teaching licenses endorsed by the RTA, you can be confident that you’re in good hands.
Our instructors are dedicated to ensuring your success and will motivate and guide you every step of the way. They are passionate about teaching you the right attitude and approach to driving, ensuring that you stay alert, expertly navigate the roads, and maintain precise control regardless of the driving conditions. They will also teach you how to anticipate what could happen around you and be patient with other drivers.
In addition to the practical driving lessons, we place a strong emphasis on safety and our instructors will provide guidance and resources to help you understand the relevant laws and regulations governing heavy truck driving in Dubai. This includes understanding weight limits, traffic rules and regulations, and requirements for maintaining the vehicle.
Enroll in our Heavy Truck driving license course today and take the first step towards a successful career as a heavy truck driver. Contact us to schedule a visit and learn more about how we can help you obtain a Dubai Driving License Category 4. Invest in your future with GMDC, the leading provider of Heavy Truck driving license courses in Dubai.
SALIENT FEATURES OF THE TRAINING AT GMDC
- Advanced road safety with emphasis on traffic regulations understanding and practical advice.
- Defensive driving techniques to improve awareness to deter & mitigate road safety risks.
- Training instruction methodology devised according to the changing roads infrastructure environment of Dubai.
- Multilingual training instructors from various part of the world to cater to a diverse customer base.
- Theory training simulations & rigorous pre assessment preparation to clear the RTA tests right the first time.
- A large fleet of Light motor vehicles to ensure students are trained with the most user friendly motor vehicles in town. Specialized training for “Physically impaired” customers by qualified instructors & technically designed vehicles.
- Refresher training instructors are also available for drivers who would like to improve their technical knowledge and confidence on the roads.
All our training schedules are designed to meet individual student requirements so you don’t need to compromise on important appointments and ensure your ease & convenience.
It is vital to ensure that you carry the requisite documents when you plan to apply for a Heavy vehicle driving license. These are:
- A copy of your valid Passport.
- A copy of your valid Dubai residence visa
- Original Emirates ID card and a copy of both front and back of the Emirates ID.
- 2 passport size photographs
- Copy of your Eye test report (Eye test can be done at GMDC or at any one of the registered optical centers)
- No Objection Letter (NOC) from Sponsor. If sponsor is an individual, the passport and visa copy of your sponsor is also required.
- Individuals holding any other category license would not be able to register, until they have cleared their fines, if any.
- As per RTA guidelines, any individual who has a visa mentioning his profession as a driver needs to undertake a commercial driver medical testing at an RTA approved medical center.
The list of the RTA approved medical centers is provided here below for your convenience:
|DHA-Medical Fitness Services||04-5023952|
|Canadian Specialist Hospital||04- 7072222|
|DM Healthcare LLC||04-4400500|
|Gulf Healthcare International||04-2233324|
|Iranian Hospital Dubai||04-4046755|
|Prime Healthcare Group LLC||04-2233324|
When registering online, your Emirates ID will be required to open a file. Kindly ensure you carry your Emirates ID to GMDC. You can also place a request to have it collected by contacting our call centre on +971 4 267 6166, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have registered with us, you can choose from different training course options based on your schedule.
For our Regular Course:
Two classes for internal training 6 days in a week= one hour (6 classes).
Two classes for on road training 6 days in a week= one hour (6 classes).
The classes that run 6 days a week, the days are from Monday – Friday.
We realise that not every student can make it to our training classes during the week so we also offer classes only on Sundays. Our current schedule is 4 classes every Sunday = 2 hours of training.
During the week our training classes are available from 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (there will be a break from 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.) then from 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
During the week our training classes are available from 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (there will be a break from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.) then from 3:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
During Sunday our training classes are available from 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (there will be a break from 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.) then from 3:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
During Sunday our training classes are available from 7:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (there will be a break from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.) then from 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
As you begin your journey towards obtaining a UAE driver’s license, the prescribed RTA curriculum mandates every trainee to attend 8 compulsory theory classes. Theory classes are of vital importance to impart you with rules and knowledge required to drive on UAE roads.
We have kept our schedule as flexible as possible for your convenience and we are offering our theory classes even on Saturdays at our Al Qusais and Al Quoz locations.
As we appreciate the linguistic diversity of Dubai, we are offering our theory lectures in various languages such as Arabic, English and Hindi/ Urdu to communicate effectively the rules and guidelines as prescribed by RTA.
The theory classes are divided in to 8 sessions as given below:
- Lecture 1: Attitude and Responsibilities of Driver
- Lecture 2: Knowledge on Traffic Rules & Regulation
- Lecture 3: Characteristics of Road Users
- Lecture 4: Driver Condition
- Lecture 5: The Environment
- Lecture 6: Driving on Freeways,Traffic Violations and Route Planning
- Lecture 7: Developing Forecasting of Hazards and Emergencies When Driving
- Lecture 8: Traffic Accidents Case Studies & What to do in an Accident
- Please carry your Registration card and RTA learners permit at all times while you are attending theory sessions.
- It is mandatory to bring your RTA training book while you are attending theory sessions.
- Please inform us in advance if you are unable to attend any session.
- Should you happen to miss any session, please inform the concerned staff, so to help us make the arrangements for another session.
Our fees for the Heavy Truck driving course are listed below.
|20||1 hour||AED 3,000.00||AED 4,400.00||Beginner|
After attending the mandatory lectures and passing the RTA theory test, you can proceed to the yard test and the final road test. If you are unable to clear any of these tests, you will be assigned 4 hours for training.
Please refer to the table below for the applicable charge.
|CHARGE TYPE||GMDC (AED)||5 %VAT (AED)||RTA (AED)||TOTAL (AED)|
|Opening a file (Learner’s Permit + Handbook)||380.00||19.00||470.00||869.00|
|Valid file transfer from another centre||330.00||16.50||346.50|
|Theory lecture class||100.00||5.00||105.00|
|Internal Yard test||70.00||3.50||220.00||293.50|
|Road test (all vehicle categories)||70.00||3.50||220.00||293.50|
|Issuing A New Driving License For One Year||120.00||120.00|
|Issuing A Driving License For More Than One Year||320.00||320.00|
|License service charges||100.00||5.00||105.00|
|Add A New Category To Driving License||220.00||220.00|
|Learning Permit renewal||40.00||2.00||220.00||262.00|
|File re-opening fees||120.00||6.00||420.00||546.00|
1. Additional 5% VAT is applicable at the time of payment.
2. RTA fees subject to change
For more information, please call us at : 600595956 or E-mail: email@example.com
To help us serve you better and to keep your training process as smoth as possible, we request you to kindly read the following:
- Please carefully read the RTA contract and ensure that you sign all the RTA contract pages as it is a mandate by RTA.
- While utmost care is taken by our customer service representatives to schedule your classes, we request you to carefully check the schedule before leaving the counter, should you observe any discrepancies; please report the same to the assisting officer immediately.
- As per the RTA guidelines, it is mandatory for the trainees to carry their learning permit and attendance card at all times while being getting trained. Our instructors are unable to provide the training if a trainee is not carrying any of these mentioned above.
- Training documentation at GMDC is strictly as per the RTA guidelines and is a very easy process to follow, please ensure that your attendance card is always signed and stamped while you attend any of our lecture classes or training classes. The card is to be signed both by you and signed and stamped by the instructor.
- Should you have arisen a need to stop the training classes for any unavoidable reasons or commitments, please inform us 72 hours in advance. In the absence of this information, trainee would be marked as absent and he/she will have to pay for these classes again; GMDC at any time would not be held liable for missing classes, should the above procedure is not being followed.
- Should you have stopped your training for more than 60 days from your last RTA test, it is a RTA mandate to take 8 extra classes before appearing or rebooking the next RTA test.
- Should you have experience an interruption or stopped your training for more than 2 years, you would have to re-appear for the Theory test and Internal Yard test before continuing with your remaining training classes.
- Should you be unable to appear for any RTA test for more than 6 months, please re-validate your Learning Permit as per the RTA guidelines, as the Learning permit is automatically closed by RTA after the expiration of 6 months, you would also have to re-appear for the Theory test and Internal Yard test before continuing with your remaining training classes.
- Should you have an interruption or stopped your training before the year 2012, trainee would have to follow the complete registration process and submit all the required documents again and also you would be considered as a beginner and will have to take 20 hours.
- Please count your cash before leaving the counter and obtain a receipt for your transaction. Neither Galadari Motor Driving Centre nor its employees will be held liable for any claims or shortages thereafter. Galadari Motor Driving Centre has the right to recover any amount paid in excess to the customer due to errors and oversights.
- Galadari Motor Driving Centre urges you to not to make any payments to any of its employees, instructors, supervisors or any staff members without the original payment receipt mentioning the full amount as paid by you. In the absence of a receipt, Galadari Motor Driving Centre will not be held liable for the money being paid to any of the above mentioned.
- Should you have arisen a need to cancel any scheduled RTA test for any unavoidable reasons or commitments, please inform us 72 hours in advance. In the absence of this information, as per the RTA guidelines trainee would be marked as absent and he/she will have to repay and rebook the test; GMDC at any time would not be held liable for the cancelled test, should the above procedure is not being followed.
- Should you have passed the final exam, please make the following documents available to us to help us issue the driver’s license:
- Final test passing form.
- Assessment Test passing form.
- Student attendance Card.
- The Original Emirates ID.